Why does everyone buy expensive smartphones?

Join the discussion
47AlphaTango
47AlphaTango
Arena Apprentice
• 3mo ago

Here in my Country. Many people buy Expensive Smartphones just to show-off on social media. After that. They will sell it at 75% of the original cost just to jump on another flagship. And the cycle repeats.

Carlnon-tech
Carlnon-tech
Arena Apprentice
• 3mo ago

Buy a $20.00 flip and be happy.

Esthemrs
Esthemrs
Arena Apprentice
• 3mo ago

I have a question perdon about my ingles my ex friend get a line and a phone for me I paid over the two years for the service for the phone all payments then in last December when the contract ended and we aren't anymore friend we decide cut my services under her name I didn't used the phone until last month I wanted give to relative I couldn't the phone is blocked they said they have 3 rules to unblocked be paid in full have being in service for more of 90 days and not being report robbed and it has all 3 but supossed it was a error in the system and they need a consent from the owner becuase they don't can see the account to the change in the line my ex friend in purpose didn't answer me but I said how they could see the account everytime I went to made the payment in person I paid cash and only gave to them her name and phone number

grathod
grathod
Arena Apprentice
• 3mo ago

Because midrangers not provide value, cheap processor is not working smooth or hanging after 1-2yr itself.

Papamedic
Papamedic
Arena Apprentice
• 3mo ago
↵ilia.t said:

We ran a poll across our website, Threads and X (formerly Twitter), asking people about the price of the last phone they purchased. The majority of the 1100 people who participated didn’t buy cheap phones. More precisely, 42% spent over $900 on their last smartphone purchase, and just 14% went for budget options under $300.

This finding contrasts starkly with a common sentiment we see when we cover the most expensive smartphones on the market. Often, people claim that companies like Apple and Samsung are crossing some limits of what consumers are willing to pay for their products. Some claim cheaper devices provide a similar user experience to the most expensive flagships.

We’re not the first to discover people’s love for premium smartphones. Consumer reports consistently show that the top-tier Samsung and Apple models are also the best-selling. This raises a simple question - why? In the context of the economic fluctuations, the perceived lack of meaningful innovation, and the growing prices of smartphones, why do so many people spend so much on smartphones?

Is it the belief that a more expensive device will last longer? Or is it all about vanity, and pricey phones are used more as a status symbol? If you’re one of the people who own a premium smartphone, what made you choose it over the cheaper options? Would you consider a different price segment for your next purchase? Share all your thoughts on smartphone pricing, we’re eager to hear them.

It’s the same as looking at a new car with all the bells and whistles and the car you’re driving is just fine. I have had my phone for years and will keep it as long as it works. I do not care to buy new smart phones especially if I cannot figure out how to to use it to make a call using it. I’m waiting for a time they make a smart phone and find out the forgot to add that feature.

MIyuK
MIyuK
Arena Apprentice
• 3mo ago

The impact of an expense depends heavily on context. A $1000 phone could represent a significant cost for someone earning $7.25 per hour, while for a billionaire, a luxury handbag might not be a financial burden. To make financial data meaningful, it's crucial to quantify the expense and consider factors like income or budget allocation.

italianjob
italianjob
Arena Apprentice
• 3mo ago

Everyone?

Techqueen001011
Techqueen001011
Arena Apprentice
• 3mo ago
↵propov said:

Me too but sadly there is no small phones with Hi end camera. I just dont like bigger than 6.5" bricks.

Okay I have to throw my two cents into the ring on this. I always depend on a very high quality digital camera on my phones and have since the first installation of them. That being said I bought an s22 a few years back and paid $1,000 and yes I enjoyed the phone a lot but when it was stolen and I had issues about the insurance covering it, I ended up paying for phone that I no longer had.

Now I have a One+ H20 Nord N30 5g. It's a triple camera @108x2x2 rear and 16mp front. , 8gigs RAM with Snapdragon chipset 8 core. Under can't remember all these specs on it but trust me when I say look up these phones! They're haven't been out that long but I paid less than $350 for this phone unlocked for any cell service and I've never had a lick of trouble and anti-scratch glass and under 6.75in screen it rivals any of the new "flagship" phones. Not to mention as someone who drops my phone ALOT it's going strong and is fast and packed for the tech nerds! 🤓

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless