What would make you buy a small phone?

Join the discussion
pimpin83z
pimpin83z
Arena Legend
• 1mo ago
↵ScorpioLyte said:

For me, I crave for a phone between 5 to 6 inches MAX. I had Galaxy Note 2/4/8/10/20. People tried to joke on the size of my Note 2. The Note 10 was a decent size. However upon upgrading to the Note 20 Ultra, it's big difference not in a good way. What I noticed is my tendons in my wrists are constantly strained. My guess is from the constant stretching of fingers utilizing the phone's screen.

I tagged Samsung twice with 1 being recently requesting that they make a Galaxy S series phone within the range of 5 to 5.5 inches, 6 inches max but don't downgrade the specs. Give it the same specs as the Ultra but allow Ultra to be the big dog just off the screen size

"People tried to joke on the size of my Note 2."

The Note 2 was when I first saw the benefits of the Note compared to the S. The Note 3 was my first Note & I haven't looked back since.

"The Note 10 was a decent size."

I liked the size of the Note 10, but they skimped the hell out of the specs on it compared to the Note 10+. It would've been better if it were a little wider as well.

"make a Galaxy S series phone within the range of 5 to 5.5 inches, 6 inches max but don't downgrade the specs."

2012-2017. I miss those days where the differences between the Note & the S were the size, the S-Pen & the former device being more refined than the latter.

pimpin83z
pimpin83z
Arena Legend
• 1mo ago
↵Alvee1 said:

Ultra, Max and + phones are the SUVs of smartphones. They’re obnoxious and unnecessary. In 10-20 years we’re all going to laugh about how BIG our smartphones were.

Zack Morris phone 2.0!!! 😆

Everything about this comment couldn't be more wrong.

pimpin83z
pimpin83z
Arena Legend
• 1mo ago
↵thechad said:

Still rocking the iphone 12 mini with zero plans to give it up. Everyone that “needs” a large phone because “netlix, games, etc.” seriously needs to grow up. I have TVs and entertainment rooms for that. That’s why i paid a lot of money for the projector and screen in my theater room. I need my phone for calls, some texts, and occasional web surfing. Nothing more. If i need something to entertain myself with while traveling that’s why i have my laptop and tablet for. I definitely don’t need to walk around with a tv in my pocket.

"Everyone that “needs” a large phone because “netlix, games, etc.” seriously needs to grow up."

Any one that condescends someone else's needs about a product they're using seriously needs to grow up.

Alex27
Alex27
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

No need to convince me. I use a Asus Zenfone 10 as my daily driver. Used Zenfone 8 before that and the galaxy 10e before that etc. Still got my Sony z3 compact even. In fact I've never used a big phone and never will. Was even tempted by the iPhone 13 mini as I'd like to go even smaller on size again but in the end the Apple compromises were too much from me. IMO there's no benefits for having a huge phone, zero, zilch, particularly for those with smaller hands like myself. But even with big hands you still gotta carry it somehow and talk using it and in both cases you look ridiculous and non ergonomic in the extreme.

pabliwiwi
pabliwiwi
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

I have an iphone 15 pro max, but I would gladly have a sub 6.3 inches phone but the only thing that makes me hesitant about that is the camera system and battery life. We need battery technology that delivers FULL day battery life even if the physical size of the battery is similar to the ones they use in the pro lineup. With that and the same camera system form the max, I'm sold.

Rottsrgr8t
Rottsrgr8t
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

I will continue to use my Galaxy S10e as long as there is a carrier supporting it. It is the perfect size phone. I miss my HTC ones. The phones were not only practical but were absolutely gorgeous.

timbi
timbi
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

I think it's a matter of design focus. The only reason I want a larger phone is because the battery is more proportionate to the hardware and software. The iphone mini's are a perfect example of this. It's kinda wild to think that the iPhone mini was running essentially the same operating system as an iPad. I don't see phone manufacturers taking advantage of these incredibly efficient chip processes to demonstrate just how amazing a solid, simple, lean, lightweight OS could simplify the everyday lives of the bulk of it's users. Instead the focus is on cramming all the features of a PC workstation into a handheld camera/tv. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the amazing leaps in tech that I never dreamed of seeing in my lifetime, but sometimes I just want my phone to be a great phone. I feel like a company will eventually put the resources into making what we need once we finally get tired of buying bloated, over-priced "features" we don't really want.

I_know_Things
I_know_Things
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

The key strategy is to identify which markets have a history of adopting small smartphones like the iPhone Mini. I've noticed that my European customers like this size. Do not offer these small phones in markets that demonstrated anything less than completely robust past selling Don't put it in lukewarm selling retailers creating dead inventory. If someone demands it this can be special ordered online or transferred from another store. Just in time inventory is appropriate.

gz5150
gz5150
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

There are many different opinions here about phone size, which is understandable given each individual has different needs. My wish would be for the major mfg. to offer phones of different sizes. A simple solution would be to offer a small, med & large size phones. I stick with the Vanallia S series as that is about the smallest you can get and still have a very nice phone.

PA_Rocks
PA_Rocks
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

*Preferably:

5.5 inch screen @ no>140g weight.

*must have:

Oled panel@ at least 90hz FHD.

*Will be expected:

8/128GB, 3k size batt.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless