What would make you buy a small phone?

Join the discussion
Crispin_Gatieza
Crispin_Gatieza
Arena Master
• 1mo ago

A 5.4" display with a 20:9 aspect ratio is a joke. The last of the Note series with the old 16:9 ratio was the 5.7" Note 5 and it was barely manageable with one hand. What exactly do you people want? I hear complaints all the time and I read them here about black bars on a Z Fold when open. Well do you want a big f*****g screen or not? My old Lumia 1520 had a 6" display and that phone was over 3-1\2" wide. I guess it was more important to not have any black bars to watch YouTube videos but now y'all want a "smaller" phone again. So as you sow, so shall ye reap.

Alvee1
Alvee1
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Ultra, Max and + phones are the SUVs of smartphones. They’re obnoxious and unnecessary. In 10-20 years we’re all going to laugh about how BIG our smartphones were.

Zack Morris phone 2.0!!! 😆

oldGeek
oldGeek
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

any thing less than a 6" is NO for many ladies, so yeah.

AltronLivez51
AltronLivez51
Arena Master
• 1mo ago

Absolutely not!!!

Why would I want to go backwards in size?

I can't believe you're asking this. 😉 😆🤣😂

Lenny86
Lenny86
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Ppl using 6”+ devices are using phablets.Phones should not be larger than 5.6-5.7”.

There unfortunately not many of us out there after phones which we use for phoning mostly.

If there were a company who makes only compact phones …that would be the next “big” thing.

s_boy
s_boy
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

The only way I go smaller is if it folds out bigger when I need it!

That's why I havw the fold6, compact phone which turns into a compact foldable. Big screen is a must these days for content consumption and productivity.

Kridence
Kridence
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Proper specs!

Samsung s10e was perfectly sized and equipped.

Give plx s25e

.KRATOS.
.KRATOS.
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Earlier phones where small due to their pocketibilty there's nothing much u can do on, but with time technology is evolving fast now ur phone is more like a small pc in ur palm so it's more convenient n more manageable to have a big screen from watching videos movies till every day tasks n works that's why phones nowadays getting bigger n more pple r getting them

theghostwhowalks
theghostwhowalks
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Based on hand size and ergonomics, ideal small size phone would be 152mm×72mm×8mm

flat screen with curved frame

IP68 rating

Display 6.4 inches LTPO OLED

Battery size 4500 mah and above

Fast wired charging > 67W much needed

Wide, Ultrawide and telephoto sensor with autofocus on front and all rear cameras with upto 4K 60 fps recording

Power efficient processor with support for on device AI ( S-8sGen3 or above)

IR blaster and Ultra wide band support

None of the current small phones fulfill all criteria.

thechad
thechad
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Still rocking the iphone 12 mini with zero plans to give it up. Everyone that “needs” a large phone because “netlix, games, etc.” seriously needs to grow up. I have TVs and entertainment rooms for that. That’s why i paid a lot of money for the projector and screen in my theater room. I need my phone for calls, some texts, and occasional web surfing. Nothing more. If i need something to entertain myself with while traveling that’s why i have my laptop and tablet for. I definitely don’t need to walk around with a tv in my pocket.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless