What makes a foldable better than a classic phone?

Join the discussion
STEVEG123
STEVEG123
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

I've had the Z Fold 5 for about 8 months and I simply can't imagine going back to a slab phone. The ability to pop the screen open anywhere and anytime is such a huge selling point. As long as trade-in deals make the phone affordable, I'm staying with foldables.

TBomb
TBomb
Arena Master
• 1mo ago

One word: Curiosity. I don't know if it will/would be better, but the Pixel Fold 2 has piqued my curiosity!

Fold666
Fold666
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Just got the fold 6, switched from a S22 Ultra and love it. The smaller outer screen compared to the S22 ultra is easy to hold one handed and for daily tasks. When I want to multi task and or watch videos I can easily open the phone and switch to the inner screen. The crease is not noticable at all in most situations. If you are watching a video you will not notice it unless you keep adjusting the angle. Also the lighting in the room reflecting off the crease will make it noticable but those are rare situations. The crease on the inside also serves as a tactile feedback when adjusting the positioning of multiple screens, allows you to feel where the middle is. Using the camera with a big screen also provides the benefit of instantly viewing your photo so that you don't need to constantly switch to gallery to review photos, great for work photos. Overall very happy I switched and waited for the fold 6, will see but has been a pleasure to use the new foldable.

PA_Rocks
PA_Rocks
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Anyone holding out.

I recommend ordering one with the intention of returning it within the 2 week return period. Having the device for 10 days or so is the only way you'll truly know what's up.

So worth the restocking fee.

Techysavey93
Techysavey93
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo agoedited

Not buy foldable phone until Samsung puts one in the S Series

DJSKEEMMATIK
DJSKEEMMATIK
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

I'll just say this from a person who's owned multiple foldable and non foldable devices, when it comes to playing games, reading emails, watching movies etc, nothing beats a foldable. If you are a person who multitasks or has some sort of business or hobby you get paid for, then this could be for you. I wouldn't say a foldable is for the casual user, but maybe for a power user to a degree. Maybe you work a job where you are able to have time to read, play a game or watch a show or two. If you are into tech as I am then this might be the one piece you might at least want to try but after trading in a device to get a discount or better deal. So far every person I know that uses one doesn't want to go back to a slab phone but it's a matter of preference. This is coming from a Samsung Note Fan for years.

mughal1999
mughal1999
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Foldable phones offer several advantages over classic phones, including:

1. Larger Screen: More screen space for videos, gaming, and multitasking.
  2. Portability: Compact when folded, but expands to a larger display.
  3. Multitasking: Better support for running multiple apps side by side.
  4. Versatility: Can function as both a phone and a tablet.

Abd56ullah
Abd56ullah
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

When considering what makes a foldable phone better than a classic slab, there are a few key features and experiences that stand out.

First, foldable phones offer a unique and versatile form factor that can significantly enhance productivity and entertainment. For example, the ability to unfold into a larger screen makes multitasking easier, allowing users to run multiple apps side by side, which is ideal for work or media consumption. This larger screen is also a game-changer for gaming enthusiasts who enjoy playing mobile games like Nulls Brawl APK on a bigger display.

Secondly, the compact design of foldable phones when folded makes them more portable than carrying a tablet or a larger device. This convenience can be particularly appealing for users who want the best of both worlds—portability and a larger screen when needed.

Despite these advantages, it's understandable why some might hesitate to switch from classic slab phones. Concerns about durability, higher costs, and the current state of software optimization for foldables are valid. However, as technology continues to advance, these issues are being addressed. Manufacturers are developing more robust folding mechanisms and improving the overall user experience.

If I had to choose, I would prefer a 'book' design foldable because it provides a larger screen when opened, which is great for productivity and media consumption. However, a flip design could be more appealing to those who prioritize compactness and portability.

For those not yet using a foldable, improvements in durability, reduced costs, and better software optimization would likely make the switch more attractive. Additionally, if specific apps and games like Nulls Brawl APK were optimized for the foldable experience, it could further justify the investment in these innovative devices.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless