What are your favorite quality-of-life phone updates?

Join the discussion
Boris Chterev
Boris Chterev
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 13h ago

Two of the best updates we’ve seen on phones this year were easy to ignore. Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra’s anti-reflective display and iOS 18’s new flashlight interface are updates that don’t make too much noise but you can experience literally every day. So, what are the small things that changed in your phone lately that made your life better?

pimpin83z
pimpin83z
Arena Legend
• 12h ago

Definitely the anti-reflective display on my S24 Ultra & it's overall performance compared to that of my S22 Ultra (& 14 Pro Max).

TBomb
TBomb
Arena Master
• 10h ago

I like features related to RCS and the Google Messages app. Not really "QoL updates", but the features they've added over the past 2 years have been extremely beneficial and exciting.

TheRealDuckofDeath
TheRealDuckofDeath
Arena Master
• 10h ago

Matter networks finally seems to be doing what they were sold to do last year? Took the manufacturers the better part of two years to start talking to each other, and since the latest update, late summer I think it was, it just seems to work now. No unresponsive devices and no random ghost Matter networks popping up.

NunoB512
NunoB512
Arena Apprentice
• 2h ago

I would have to say the S24U display is absolutely incredible with its anti glare coating, it's nice brightness and it's color reproduction, and obviously the smooth 120Hz refresh rate, it really sets it apart. I also have to give a thumbs up to Google Messages for it's smoothness and intuitive approach. It just works well and now with most people using RCS it makes it even better, and we can see Google is putting a lot of work on it, there have been weekly updates with useful features.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless