Do you think RCS support will be the end of the iPhone?

Join the discussion
• 3d ago

think this will further entrench people in Apple's ecosystem. They get all the benefits of iMessage when messaging someone with an iPhone, and they'll get many of those same features when messaging someone with an Android phone. I'm an Android user, and the only reason I kept WhatsApp around is to send photos, videos, and files to people with iPhones. Once Apple fully implements RCS, I can get rid of WhatsApp.

• 2d ago
↵Ant34 said:

think this will further entrench people in Apple's ecosystem. They get all the benefits of iMessage when messaging someone with an iPhone, and they'll get many of those same features when messaging someone with an Android phone. I'm an Android user, and the only reason I kept WhatsApp around is to send photos, videos, and files to people with iPhones. Once Apple fully implements RCS, I can get rid of WhatsApp.

I think you're wrong. Apple zealots weren't switching to Android. It was Android users switching to iPhone because Apple was gimping photos and video that they android users sent. Now they won't feel the peer pressure to switch to iPhone

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless