Do you think Google went too far with the Pixel 9 prices?

Join the discussion
trakk8
trakk8
Arena Master
• 1mo ago

If there are cell/call reception issues with the pixel 9 series phones too like they had with earlier pixel phones ( I never tried those phones this is based in what I read posted by people) then yes pixel phones are priced high.

Because I think that is the most important feature of the phone that should work well...along with the battery...more than stuff like camera or a.i.

SippnGinJuice
SippnGinJuice
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Nope. No cost is too high for a smaller phone with top end camera specs. Big phones are just dumb. I don't play games or watch videos. That's what tablets are for. Phone needs to be tough, small, high specs, make and receive calls and look at the occasional app.

MsPooks
MsPooks
Arena Master
• 1mo ago

My issue with Pixel prices is that the price should be subsidized by the unspoken contract you agree to when you buy that series: you're giving Google your data in a way no other Android phone harvests. That's fine, but your data is worth something, and a discount for it should be applied to the phone. $600 tops for the Pro XL.

Sealblaighter
Sealblaighter
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

I think yes. I hate that a real flagship still has the base storage of 128 GB of internal storage only. The base storage should start at 256 GB, and then to charge more money...

Tibikee77
Tibikee77
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago
↵MsPooks said:

My issue with Pixel prices is that the price should be subsidized by the unspoken contract you agree to when you buy that series: you're giving Google your data in a way no other Android phone harvests. That's fine, but your data is worth something, and a discount for it should be applied to the phone. $600 tops for the Pro XL.

Very well said!

StanleyKubrick
StanleyKubrick
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

Why does every OEM - when deciding to raise prices - always raise them by $100.00?

Why not 25, or 35, or even 75? NOOOoooooo...it's ALWAYS a hundred bucks! Complete RIP-OFF extraordinaire!

Bruce_Wayne
Bruce_Wayne
Arena Master
• 1mo ago

I don't think so but Google definitely should have increased the base storage on the Pixel 9. No reason why 128gb should be the base storage for a flagship phone.

jasonlee81
jasonlee81
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago
↵BornintheUSA said:

I think that will be the case in many places very soon. Priorities change with circumstances. I can't see a $1000+ phone being a priority for many much longer.

considering most people around the world purchase these phones on plans, the sales will not be overly affected, there may be more highs and low sales numbers but overall the smartphone sales are on the increase year on year with the exception of perhaps 2022 or 2023.

A lot of countries are phasing in 3 year contracts/plans which only used to be an American thing, this also drives down the price per month but people obviously pay even more for their handset.

I buy my phones outright and then sell come upgrade time and usually can recoup more then half the cost back, but the majority do not.

lahlousecom
lahlousecom
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo agoedited

Nice..

Samichales89
Samichales89
Arena Apprentice
• 1mo ago

As far as the device prices, no I don't think they went too far in their pricing as it seems in line with what other devices of similar build quality and abilities are going for.

What I think they have gone too far with is that they're touting all this integrated AI abilities, making no mention of how much it costs, then charging people $20 a month to access all these abilities.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless