Debate: How long should a phone last between charges?

Join the discussion
Bebochek
Bebochek
Arena Apprentice
• 1y ago

I have a 6.7 screen with a 4500,battery. I turn off most notifications, use dark mode, and keep the screen brightness as low as possible. I don't work so I'm home most of the time, don't use the phone when I am outside unless I get a call or message, but at home I use the phone a lot. Oh and try not to use wifi. My phone is set to charge only to 85% and I will put it on charge when it gets to 40% I charge it twice a day, sometimes 3 if I do video calls. My phone is 3 years old and the battery is still good. I don't see the problem charging every day if people have to sleep, you need a recharge everyday. I do see a problem with how many years a battery will last though. Batteries and very bad for the environment, children in Africa work all day in dangerous mines so you can have a new phone every year or two. Then batteries are toxic and shouldn't be thrown in the trash, it will come back to haunt our children. This is why I'm against non-removable batteries. Wireless headphones and watches should also have replaceable batteries. There is also the things Nikola Tesla showed us, electricity is free, it's all around us, it's just that doesn't make money for robber barons. We have the champions of planned obsolescence, Apple leading the way to quick profits at the expense our planet, and most of you don't even give it a thought. The technology is there, it's just not good for the 1% portfolio. I don't know about you, but when I look at Tim Cook or Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, I see psychopaths not good people that care about humanity.

Bebochek
Bebochek
Arena Apprentice
• 1y ago
↵Bebochek said:

I have a 6.7 screen with a 4500,battery. I turn off most notifications, use dark mode, and keep the screen brightness as low as possible. I don't work so I'm home most of the time, don't use the phone when I am outside unless I get a call or message, but at home I use the phone a lot. Oh and try not to use wifi. My phone is set to charge only to 85% and I will put it on charge when it gets to 40% I charge it twice a day, sometimes 3 if I do video calls. My phone is 3 years old and the battery is still good. I don't see the problem charging every day if people have to sleep, you need a recharge everyday. I do see a problem with how many years a battery will last though. Batteries and very bad for the environment, children in Africa work all day in dangerous mines so you can have a new phone every year or two. Then batteries are toxic and shouldn't be thrown in the trash, it will come back to haunt our children. This is why I'm against non-removable batteries. Wireless headphones and watches should also have replaceable batteries. There is also the things Nikola Tesla showed us, electricity is free, it's all around us, it's just that doesn't make money for robber barons. We have the champions of planned obsolescence, Apple leading the way to quick profits at the expense our planet, and most of you don't even give it a thought. The technology is there, it's just not good for the 1% portfolio. I don't know about you, but when I look at Tim Cook or Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, I see psychopaths not good people that care about humanity.

Oh, and I should add that Tesla showed us that electricity can be transmitted through the air.

cavalloacquatico
cavalloacquatico
Arena Apprentice
• 1y ago

Simple fix. Removable batteries. With LG G Stylo you could buy a separate dual battery charger...that was 3 total batteries.

Or a protective case that can hold an additional removable battery that can plug into the phone.

I have the present next best case scenario: OnePlus 10T that can add 50% in 5-6 minutes, full in 15-20 (from single digits).

But even that is not acceptable- have to bypass areas \ places without working outlets, worry about theft of or forgetting phone, lug around brick \ cable \ portable power pack- so always need big pocket pants \ coat \ knapsack. Parks \ hanging outdoors \ commutes \ shopping excursions have to be minimized... Life is like a chain gang- location tethered \ anchored & destination + phone brand limited.

Until they make a battery that can last thru 24-48 hours continuous streaming that is. But even then, with removable batteries you'd only need to charge once a week.

Add interfacing with satellites and we'd be truly liberated.

Stay safe for now, inmates!

cavalloacquatico
cavalloacquatico
Arena Apprentice
• 1y ago
↵AltronLivez51 said:

There is no debate. How long yoir battery lasts on a charge takes in too many factors.

What apps yoi have installed? The more apps you have that need server-side assistance, the more battery draining they are, even when they aren't actually open. For example, how many apps you have checking the same email? Email gets push or even pull notifications to let you know you have mail.

How many bells and whistles you have turned on. How many hertz is yoir display? Is it at max resolution and more.

As long as you can get a full day on a single charge, you should be fine. You gonna have to chargebit regardless of brand, unless you are less than a medium user.

Some people have their phones glued to their hands where they never out it down anf those phone won't last all day.

On average, I get 1.5 work days from a single charge and it's been that way for me since the Note 5 and S8.

No iPhone I ever had would last a work day, without putting it on thr charger 5hrs into the day. That'd based on my usage.

My N20U is heading into year 3 and it still lasts all day and all the bells amd whistles are on.

Ha. Pay 1-2K for a phone that you then have to limit \ disable \ turn off most everything. That could simply be fixed if battery was removable.

AltronLivez51
AltronLivez51
Arena Master
• 1y ago
↵cavalloacquatico said:

Ha. Pay 1-2K for a phone that you then have to limit \ disable \ turn off most everything. That could simply be fixed if battery was removable.

then your phone wont be water tight.

Creeper
Creeper
Arena Apprentice
• 10mo ago

Intense Usage: 2 days

Moderate Usage: 4 days

Light Usage: 1 week

at least

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless