Debate: How long should a phone last between charges?

Join the discussion
pimpin83z
pimpin83z
Arena Legend
• 1y ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Impressive! What's the phone behind these specs?

If he doesn't reply we know he's BS'n.

Gintasb
Gintasb
Arena Apprentice
• 1y ago

There are a new technologies out there where of you would apply, cell phones would last weeks before next charge, but hey all those companies won't apply that, because it's all about profits, right?

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵Putin_Brat said:

At least 48 hours and I have that Iphone 14 plus two days no problem. Screen on time about 10 hours so far im happy.

I've been rocking the iPhone 14 Plus for the past couple of months, and I can confirm it has a solid two-day battery life. Great job! Now imagine the same phone with a 5,000mAh battery (as the latest rumors suggest). Three days not out of the question...

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵pimpin83z said:

If he doesn't reply we know he's BS'n.

I know I was getting around two full days and 11-12 hours of SoT on the Xperia 10 Mark III with the Snapdragon 680 (dreadful chipset). So it's possible...

• 1y ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Impressive! What's the phone behind these specs?

Motorola g62 green.

When I am outdoors, 4G is more than enough. So I did not even get new sim to use 5G.

120Hz did not feel any better, so it remains off.

And I use phone a lot. No light use.

Chips that use two A77 or A78 + six A55 are best for huge battery endurance.

SD695 is probably best ever at this.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵Gintasb said:

There are a new technologies out there where of you would apply, cell phones would last weeks before next charge, but hey all those companies won't apply that, because it's all about profits, right?

Are you talking about solid state batteries?

• 1y agoedited
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I know I was getting around two full days and 11-12 hours of SoT on the Xperia 10 Mark III with the Snapdragon 680 (dreadful chipset). So it's possible...

690 for 10iii. From 665 of 10ii.

The 10v seems to last as much as those rugged phones with 7000-8000mAh.

Beyond absurd. ?

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵Moe2023 said:

690 for 10iii. From 665 of 10ii.

The 10v seems to last as much as those rugged phones with 7000-8000mAh.

Beyond absurd. ?

You're correct, 690 on the 10 Mark III, it's an endurance champion, but there's no 4K recording, and it's pretty laggy. I remember the old Motorola G Power (from around 2019-2020) being able to last three full days easily...

tokuzumi
tokuzumi
Arena Master
• 1y ago

I work at a desk all day, so battery life isn't super critical. But if I'm away from a charger in my daily life, I'll need enough juice to do whatever it is I need to do in the time between charges.

I know self winding watches exist... would be cool to have a way to charge the phone while walking.

pimpin83z
pimpin83z
Arena Legend
• 1y ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I charge my 14 Pro Max every other day & have gone well over 48 hours on a couple occasions, so I know it's possible; but some people will say stuff just to prove their point, even if it's not true.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless