Debate: Curved vs Flat displays?

Join the discussion
mimranmaan
mimranmaan
Arena Apprentice
• 1y ago

Curved screens must go now, I skip All flagship phones just to avoid the Truma of using a curved screen. Imagine an S23 ultra or Mi 13 Ultra with flat screen.

I hope Nothing keeps the flat screen in Nothing phone 2

AGoogleUser
AGoogleUser
Arena Apprentice
• 1y ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

That's hardcore :)) Appreciate the enthusiasm, though :))

I really can't hate the curved glass enough. I'm speaking from experience not just a keyboard warrior lol, I e had a Galaxy S8 since 2020. Curves belong on women and cars period.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵ProfessorJER said:

Hate curved screens! Just don't like the aethetic of them. They don't appeal to my eye. I don't like the screen glare. I don't like how it distorts all forms of on-screen content. I don't live in a curved screen world: my TV isn't curved, my computer monitor isn't curved, when I go the movies, the sceen isn't curved. Why does my phone screen need to be curved? I'm a Pixel user, and I'm happy to hear that the 8 Pro will probably have a flat screen. The 23 Ultra has a very minor curve, but hopefully that will disappear totally with the S24 Ultra. Flat for me, all the way. Someone has to tell the Android OEMs that curved does not equal premium.

I think curved screens will eventually die out, but Chinese manufacturers keep the dream alive for some reason... All super-premium flagships from the Far East have curved screens (some even go to extremes, remember the waterfall display?).

MartyLK
MartyLK
Arena Master
• 11mo ago

Flat for me.

mercy-joyce
mercy-joyce
Arena Apprentice
• 1w ago

Flat screens definitely feel more comfortable and practical. Do you think phone makers will ever stop making curved displays, or is it just a trend that’s here to stay?

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless